Power System Studies is an integral ECF service offered to assist clients in the assessment of infrastructure planning and operation. With an experienced professional staff, ECF is able to provide knowledgeable, in-depth analyses of complex local and regional issues related to the electrical grid and its technical requirements.
The design and function of the electric transmission system in this country is being transformed into a much broader concept of use and access. As Smart Grid understanding and deployments continue, with Smart devices playing a larger role in safe and reliable operation, ECF is prepared and able to respond. As these changes take place, timely planning and thoughtful system assessment will play a key role in managing the transition. It will also help to maintain the high standard of reliability expected from the electrical system. In order to maintain exceptional reliability and improve access to competitive power sources, decision-makers must have accurate information about how best to operate and upgrade the regional transmission and distribution networks. ECF expertise can help accomplish this objective.
ECF performs transmission and distribution system planning analyses and system impact studies for a variety of customers including large investor-owned utilities, merchant power plant developers and independent system operators.
Examples of Power System Studies experience includes:
• Generation System Impact Studies
• System Expansion Studies
• System Modeling and Analysis
• Power Systems Studies and Fuse Coordination
• Transmission System Operating Studies
• Capacitor Bank Switching Studies
With a comprehensive history of experience in this industry, the growing need for proven expertise in the field, and a thorough understanding of the complexities in the utility industry, ECF is an established partner in this field. ECF specializes in system planning work in the areas of steady state, stability and transient switching analyses.
Other study expertise offered includes:
• Power Systems Computer Modeling
• Power Flow & Stability Studies
• Short-Circuit Fault Analyses
• Motor Start Analyses
• Detailed Loss Analyses
• Reactive Compensation Analysis
• Harmonics Analyses
• Generation & Emergency Generation Analyses
• Power Management System Studies
• Evaluation of Power Supply Alternatives
• Transmission Line Protection & Coordination
• Substation Bus & Transformer Protection
• Generation Plant Internal/Intertie Protection & Coordination
• Field Surveys of Electrical Facilities
• Insulation Coordination
• Grounding Analyses
• Switching Surge Studies
• EMF Analyses & Measurements
• Cable Sizing
• Voltage Drop Studies
ECF personnel are competent and knowledgeable users of PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, and ATP software analysis tools for system planning studies.